Match the questions with the answers
a. In our village.
b. Some cheese, a little jam and bread.
c. No.I read book.
e. No,she doesn’t.
1.How often do you go to cinema? ………….
2.Does your sister like swimming? ………….
3.What do you have for breakfast? ………….
4.Where do you spend your holiday? ………….
5.Do you play PC games in your free time? ………….
Choose the correct option in the following sentences!
1. Next summer I am going to/ will backpack around Europe.
2. Ring! Ring! I am going to/ I’ll answer it.
3. I am going to/ will help you carry your books.
4. Tonight we are going to have/ will have a birthday party for my brother.
5. He is going to/ will study for the test tomorrow.
Read the text and answer the questions
A HEROIC TURKISH WOMAN
This person is a legendary figure in the Turkish history. She was born in Erzurum in 1857. The Ottoman Empire was on a rocky road then. It went through another big war against the Russians in 1877 when she was 20 years old. The soldiers in the Ottoman army fought well, but they couldn’t stop the Russian attack. The Russian soldiers were walking towards Erzurum when she decided to get into the fight.
It was 8th November 1877. Her husband was away because he was fighting on the front line. She had two little children, but she said, “They can grow up without their mother, but not without their motherland.” She ran to Fort Aziziye with the people of Erzurum. They didn’t feel afraid. They fought heroically and then the Russian soldiers ran away. She was one of the veterans.
She had four sons and two daughters. However, two of her sons died during the First World War. When a reporter interviewed her in 1937, everybody learned her story and after that, the Turkish people never forgot her. She got the title of the Granny of the 3rd Army in 1952.
She died in 1955 when she was 98 years old. Her mausoleum is in Fort Aziziye. You can also see her statue there. It was put up in Fort Aziziye in 2000. Who’s this heroic woman? She’s Nene Hatun, the symbol of the brave Turkish women in wars.
1. Where was Nene Hatun born?
2. Where did she go with Erzurum people?
3. When did a reporter interview her?
4. What title did she get in 1952?
5. How old was she when she died?
Fill in the blanks using the words
victory / broke out / hopeless / enemy / attacked
1. The ____were getting ready to attack the village when they learned that the war ended.
2. The Turkish army won a________against the Greek army in Dumlupınar on 30th August, 1922.
3. The Second World War _________ in 1939 and lasted for six years.
4. The rescue team searched for the survivors for three days, but they couldn’t find anyone. The families were feeling _________and depressed.
Use the verbs in Simple Past or Past Continuou1. When I last _______________(see) Tom, he ___________(go) home.
Write VERB2 forms of the following verbs
Read the following text and write True and False.
Hi! I’m Aldin from Bosnia and Herzegovina. I’m fifteen, and I’m crazy about running. I run for the
athletics team of my school. I train really hard, and I win all my races. My trainer says I have lots of natural
talent as a runner.
What about my future plans? I’m going to become a professional athlete. I’m sure I’ll be a national
champion in five years. Then I want to represent my country on the international platform so I’m going to join
the European Championships. I hope I’ll be very successful. After that, I’m going to take part in the Olympic
Games. That’s my dream. I believe I’ll get an Olympic medal one day, and my country will be proud of me.
1. He has an Olympic medal. _________
2. He likes his country a lot. _______
3. He is a very hardworking student. ________
4. Aldin is good at all kinds of team sports. ________
5. He wants to be a national champion in the future. _________
Complete the conversations with suitable sentences below.
I’ll get my jacket l’ll have lemonade I’ll phone her now I’ll answer i I’ll think about it
1. A: The phone is ringing
B: It’s OK. …………………………………..
2. A: Would you like to drink something cold?
B: Yes, please ……………………………….
3. A: I’m going to for a walk. Do you want to come with me?
B: Yes, wait a minute, please ………………………………..
4. A: Why don’t we do a project together?
B: That’s a good idea! ………………………………………..
5. A: Did you talk to your aunt about the party this evening, Jack?
B: No, I didn’t. …………………………………………
Değerli öğretmenlerimiz, isterseniz sistemimizde kayıtlı binlerce sorudan 10.Sınıf İngilizce dersi için sınav-yazılı hazırlama robotu ile ücretsiz olarak beş dakika içerisinde istediğiniz soru sayısında, soru tipinde ve zorluk derecesinde sınav oluşturabilirsiniz. Yazılı robotu için Sınav Robotu tıklayın.